Saturday, July 19, 2014

CL450 Racer - Building the Steering Damper (First Video Post!)

And now for something completely different.

I set up a video camera while I was making the parts for the CL450's steering damper, and then edited the footage into a quick montage.

(bear with me people, this is the first time I have EVER used video editing software)

So presented here, for your derision, is my very first video post!


I was able to find an original triple tree with the steering damper lugs, and a set of NOS friction and steel plates. I had to make an adjustment rod and custom triple tree cap, so I modified a stock cap from my stash and purchased a threaded rod and aluminum knob from McMaster-Carr.

Modifying the CL77 plates to fit the CL450 triple tree




The knob and rod were cross-drilled and pinned together


I modified the cap by drilling through it and pressing a flanged bronze bushing into the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment